Thursday, February 9, 2017

Sometimes.....

                                                                                                                                                                                        

I love this video for many reasons. Although I was in my early-twenties when this song/video came out, it still takes me back to a time of innocence and simple purity. Almost like a soft white light. Also, I love watching the video because my best friend in high school is playing electronic keyboard. He is the one with black hair and black sweater. He went to Julliard and then to McGill in Canada for graduate work (and to dodge the draft). This is where the video connection came to be. We stayed in touch for a couple of years while in college but I just couldn't do the drug thing. Maybe I should have, as he is  teaching music at a feeder school to Julliard in NYC. He detached himself from his family and they never heard from him again. That is another long story.



Since my last posting I took a trip. Jet Blue just started a non stop from Ft. Lauderdale to New Orleans. So I went to visit an old friend that I hadn't seen for 27 years. With all there is to do in New Orleans, all we did was sit and talk.  And we did it non stop like my flight! Yak, yak, yak!! This trip was also an attempt to blow the political stench away.and just get away from all of it.



Also, since my last posting I've stayed away from blogs. I've lurked a little and maybe commented three or four times with short little one liners. But back in December, in a 'huff', I made a comment on a blog that I regretted writing and still regret to this day. Please accept my apology MJ. I will remain in the oubliette.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are the bright spot of my Saturday Nite Protest Dance!

      Delete
  2. My twin sister used to play this all of the time and cry buckets!
    I did too....in the next room osmosis did the trick

    ReplyDelete